Start Time: 7am
The Rapha Dirty 130 - the ride everyone is talking about. The 2018 ride is capped at 750 riders (increased from 450 last year), departs from the Victory Memorial Gardens, and heads into the northern hills of Wagga Wagga. Picturesque, challenging and unique Dirt Sectors await riders, as well as a jaunt through the rolling Coursing Park hills.
Starts and finishes at the Victory Memorial Gardens.
- Approximately 130km of challenging rural riding
- Mulitple ‘Dirt Sectors’, each rated and named
- Fully signed and mapped route
- Water and fuel on course
- On course support by Motorcycle and Sag Wagon
NEW SECTORS IN 2018:First of all the entire route is reversed! We've then added the following sectors and increased the gravel road from 30km to 40km this year. Oh and there's a bit more climbing. In summary, it's a bit more epic and a lot more fun!
- Prices Road (Hillgrove region)
- Sutherlands Road (Hillgrove region)
- Poiles Road (Brucedale region)
- Shepards Road (Downside region)
- Coursing Park Road Nth (Downside region)
- Dead Camel Lane (Coolamon region)
- Rapha Cap
- Rapha Musette
- Rapha Cloth Ride Number
- Rapha Sample Chamois Cream
- Illustrated Ride Map
- Top Tube Sector Sticker
- Free entry to the Gears and Beers Festival
- Emergency contacts
Suitable for Standard Road bikes as 90kms will be ridden on sealed roads, Mountain bikes for those who are extremely fit, ideal for Cyclo-cross/gravel bikes but not essential.
Not sure if you should ride your road bike on dirt? Read this great article - http://theclimbingcyclist.com/why-you-should-ride-your-road-bike-on-unsealed-roads/